Least Expensive Stone Countertops
The beauty behind the countertop industry is its endless options. We all want to find the perfect countertop for our kitchen. A design that will not only give us a fresh new look for our kitchen but also be affordable. At times, the process of finding the best stones for your kitchen can be long, hard, and definitely overwhelming, that is why Mega Marble is here to make the process easier and simpler for you.
1. Which stone countertop is least expensive?
Are you on a budget? Not a problem. We are here to explain to you exactly what are the most affordable countertops. Here are the two most inexpensive stone countertops material:
Granite Stone countertops.
- Granite stone countertops: Being one of the most popular countertop materials, each granite slab comes with its own unique color and veining. Granite stone is a stone that can withstand high temperatures, cuts, abrasions, and scratches. This one-of-a-kind stone is completely resistant to stains as well. Granite stone is made up of interlocking mineral crystals, the most common being feldspar and Quartz. The interlock of these minerals gives the Granite stone its resistant traits to be a perfect choice for your countertop. One downside of the Granite stone is its sharp edges. These edges are prone to chipping, however, they have a simple solution. OPT for rounded edges or a simple wood edging to prevent chips. This act will leave you with the perfect countertop on a budget.
2. Quartz Stone countertops.
- Quartz Stone: Quartz in recent years has increased in popularity. Being a stone that requires low maintenance and has high durability it’s usually the first option people choose when getting a new countertop, especially on a budget. Quartz is a material comprise of minerals and resin and mimics the look of stone, only far more robust, the result of this unique combination allows you to have the high durability that you want. One thing you should know about Quartz is just like Granite; the edges must be taken care of, so opt for soft, rounded edges for your countertops.
3. Is granite or quartz easier to maintain?
Is granite or quartz easier to maintain
- Because of the unique material built inside the Granite stone and Engineered stone, maintenance comes easy. To keep Granite Countertops clean, use a microfiber cloth to dust off the surface. For times when you accidentally spill something on your countertop, just wipe it with water and your kitchen top will be just as new. No need to worry about stains or any of the sort. To this end, Quartz slabs are the same. To clean your Quartz countertops all you need is a soft cotton cloth and warm water. A mild soap may also be used if desired. For occasional deep cleaning, use any non-abrasive liquid cleaner with bleach.
4. What is difference between granite and quartz?
What is difference between granite and quartz
- A few things to keep in mind are small differences between the Granite and Quartz slabs. Engineered stone is more sensitive to fire/heat, on the other hand, granite is not.
- There is a simple solution to this. Before placing a hot pot from your stove on the countertop, place a hot pad to prevent anything from happening and getting out of hand. A Quartz countertop is made up of nearly 93% Quartz with the rest being resin and pigments. The resin can only withstand temperatures of around 150 degrees. That means if you are taking a pan out of your oven or a hot pot from your stove, you cannot set it down directly on your Quartz countertop. The resin will burn and may cause permanent damage.
5. Prices for Granite and Quartz Slabs (Engineered stone)
Prices for Granite and Quartz Slabs
- As we said before, we are all about budgeting, and granite and Quartz are definitely the way to go for a cheap and effective countertop. Granite prices are usually around $45-$200 per square foot. Quartz prices are usually around $55-$155 per square foot. Prices may vary on your location and the company that provides you with the countertop.
6. What type of countertop has the least maintenance?
What type of countertop has the least maintenance
- A little secret from a company that has been in the countertops industry for over a decade. When it comes to choosing kitchen countertops,
Absolute Black Granite Slabs and Black Galaxy Granite Slabs are more durable than their brother pairs of granite. The darker the color is, the more durable it will be.
7. The cost to replace a kitchen countertop.
The cost to replace a kitchen countertop
This is a very tricky question. There is no standard price for it (usually starting at around $1500), but there are a few deciding factors.
- Place you live: One of the main factors it comes down to is where you live. For example, living in Manhattan can cost more because of insurance.
- Work hours: It all depends on what type of project you have and how to work with the company.
- The size: This one is pretty much self-explanatory. The larger your kitchen, the bigger the project, and the higher the cost will be
8. Mega Marble: The best Marble & Granite company for you.
The best Marble & Granite company for you
If you’re looking for professional customer service, one that can also provide you with a free consultation, and expert countertop technicians that can help you with any project you have in mind, then we are the company for you.
For more information regarding Countertops, you can give us a call at 1-800-634-2315 or navigate through our website – Mega Marble for more oriented details or send us an email with your project requirements and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible. You can email us at email@example.com